Thursday, April 9, 2009

flowers and repotted tomatoes

iris in the morning















and in the afternoon















cornflower. I was hoping to get these growing wild on the embankment, but despite all the seeds I shook out here last year, only two have grown.











I am hoping to naturalize daffodils on the embankment, too. I planted this this past fall (2008)














I moved the tomatoes into bigger pots today, which gives me an excuse to post more photos of them. I buried the stems to strengthen the roots. Still, the tallest were only 5cm or so. I had a shock this morning at the garden store when I saw their tomatoes plants are 25 cm. Wow! I will just tell myself they must give them all sorts of nasty chemical fertilizers to achieve that, right?









No comments: