Saturday, May 16, 2009

babies in the rain

It rained almost all day today...but the girls and I went out in the afternoon to save some drowning strawberries and found....
my first baby tomato! Hooray! Actually, it is a cherry tomato, really really tiny. Too bad the photo with my fingertip didn't come out, I was having trouble balancing the camera and the umbrella without falling on the zucchini. It is Sweet Orange II variety.
My husband's cucumbers are gearing up for massive amounts of cucumbers. We are half eager anticipation, and half dread remembering the forced cucumber eating last year. If this year's harvest can be extrapolated from last year's, the girls can go through about 4 a day, I can do 3 or 4 in a pinch, which leaves my husband with about 15/day, 20+ while we are in the US. He may have to cut out the somen and eat only cucumbers .

No comments: