Thursday, June 11, 2009

flowers

I thought these pinks were done in by the "dust bugs" (see below), but I cut them back to the ground and they have come back.
The colors didn't come out very well in this photo, but the lilies are really starting to give some color. And the marigolds in front are starting to bloom. I can't wait to get rid of the fading daffodil and iris foliage. The fence is a bit of an eyesore, but it came with the house and I think we are stuck with it for the foreseeable future so I just have to try to cover it up.
A better idea of the color of the lilies. You can also see the neighbors' method of weed control (old bath covers and car floor mats)
My husband thinks we should pull these clover because they get out of control and he is probably right, but I do think they are rather pretty.

No comments: